Employee support - helping the individual at work
Help to resolve workplace bullying, harassment and discrimination
If, as an individual employee, you feel that you are being subjected to workplace harassment, bullying and discrimination and you need to resolve your conflict at work, regain control and manage you future with confidence - then we are here to help and support you.
But first let us both have the same understanding of what we mean by the terms harassment, bullying and discrimination.
- Workplace Bullying may be characterised as offensive, intimidating, malicious or insulting behaviour, an abuse or misuse of power through means intended to undermine, humiliate, denigrate or injure the recipient. Behaviour at work that is considered bullying by one person may be considered firm management by another. Most people will agree on extreme cases of workplace bullying and harassment but it is sometimes the 'grey' areas that cause most problems.
- Workplace Harassment, in general terms, is unwanted conduct affecting the dignity of men and women in the workplace. It may be related to age, sex, race, disability, religion, nationality or any personal characteristic of the individual, and may be persistent or an isolated incident. The key is that the actions or comments are viewed as demeaning and unacceptable to the recipient at work.
For practical purposes those making a complaint usually define what they mean by bullying or harassment at work as something that has happened to them which they feel is unwelcome, unwarranted and causes a detrimental effect on their well being. If an employee complains that he or she feels they are being bullied or harassed at work, then they have a grievance which must be dealt with regardless of whether or not their complaint accords with a standard definition.
Discrimination at work
- helping you to gain control of your workplace situation - this does not mean that we take over, but we do ensure you re-establish control and confidence in your own abilities.
- helping you to deal with and manage your stress, your emotions, your fears, your insecurities.
- helping you to establish your goals and objectives for your career and your future, and developing an action plan to meet these objectives.
- helping you to communicate directly, or through us acting on your behalf, your feelings and needs to your employer in a spirit of reconciliation and mediation.
- negotiating, using mediation principles, an amicable settlement and providing you with the independent legal advice as necessary throughout the process.
- processing your grievance through the formal and legal procedures on your behalf if the other parties are unwilling to resolve the dispute amicably.
- providing you with the skills and techniques to manage change and cope better in the future.
We offer a completely integrated support service for you, from the time you contact us until your workplace difficulties are resolved. Our team of specialists are experts in counselling, psychotherapy, mediation, negotiation, life skills development and employment law.
Simply complete this form
Please complete as much information as possible, we aim to reply within 48 hours. If you have an urgent enquiry please call us on 0161 4396625.